Wednesday 27 October 2010

Samsung UN65C8000 65 Inch 3D LED TV

Samsung UN65C8000 50 Inch 3D LED TV

I just knew this would happen! I knew when my HD TV Buddy Tom got himself the predecessor to this TV (The UN65C6500) that Samsung would bring out a 240Hz version sooner or later. His decision did surprise me and I did have reservations despite the brilliant performance of the 6500.

Depsite the fact I really enjoyed viewing Tom's Tv and it worked well in his large room setting, I reallt felt he should have just held out for this newer version

And, despite the 6500 giving an outstanding performance, Samsung really have pushed the boat out with the new Samsung UN65C8000 65 Inch 3D LED TV. Now with full 1080p 240Hz and 3D ready...WOW, what an amazing TV this is. Samsung have put everything you can imagine into this model.

On the UN65C8000 Samsung have introduced"Ultra Clear Panel" picture technology. Samsung's advertising says this "Advanced technology (Ultra Clear Panel) lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors".

Having ready the sales brochure I just had to get a look at this new Samsung monster. Right at that moment I wasn't quite sure how I was going to make that happen, so...I went down to see the Guys at the local store who by now are my new best HD TV Buddies! So, I asked them when they might be getting a Samsung UN65C8000 in. As it happened they were off to a trade show in Seattle the following day and after a bit of bartering I managed to get a spare ticket they had going. It's amazing isn't it...what can happen when you set your mind on something!

So, the next day I was in HD and 3D TV heaven, making a beeline for the Samsung stand and there she was...in all her resplendent beauty this stunning new Samsung 65 Inch 3D LED TV. Oh, yes...I want one of these, before I have even seen the pictures...I just want one!

It's true to say that the picture is the most important thing on a TV, so first up I'd better talk about that!

Whilst you and I understand the Samsung advertising it simply sales puff and boast, they are right! The picture is truly brilliant. I was really impressed with the skin tones, the reality of it and the way shadows looked, it was different. Colors were amazing, blacks the blackest and for such a large screen, even close up the images were so crisp and clean.

First impressions are normally right and the Samsung UN65C8000 3D LED TV was making a big impression on this hardened HD TV watcher. It was almost emotional :>)

So, what exactly is the full package with this TV? Well as I said it's upgraded to full 1080p, 240 Hz HD and the set is 3D ready.

Funnily enough the native 3D demo they had running was the same canyon demo I saw in London. When the water back-splashes on the screen got me again! Then they played Star Trek (the latest film) in 3D. Again I had seen this before but it was still hugely enjoyable.

I do like 3D, but I have a little grumble. I wear glasses and don't particularly "get on" with contact lenses. So, there can be no argument that it does get a little uncomfortable wearing the 3D glasses after a while.

And it's something that has been brushed under the carpaet! None of the promo advertising I've seen for 3D...anywhere, U.S, UK, Canada ever shows someone wearing the 3D glasses over prescription glasses. It's an issue that needs dealing with if 3D is going to really be taken up properly!

How much would a pair of prescription 3D glasses cost if indeed they are possible? I dread to think. So as things stand looks to be either wear lenses or suffer. This issue has definitely been conveniently ignored by the advertising people!

I do think 3D is here to stay though as more and more DVDs are produced in 3D and 3D programming starts to come over the airwaves.

Back to the Samsung UN65C8000 3D TV...even the 2D picture is powerful. And I think powerful is the right word!

The Samsung UN65C8000 3D LED TV has every connectivity issue you could imagine covered. Internet@TV offers all of your favourite digital content at the press of the remote, you can connect up your digital camra or camcorder, access videos playlists and there is an enhanced Game Mode which is stunning and enhanced from the 7000 series. I managed to get a preview of "Michael Jackson - The Experience" on Wii and it was huge fun and amazing game play quality.

A digital tuner included which means you don't need a set top box and "AllShare" allows you to wirelessly hook up any other wireless devices you have. So you can store all of your music and film and have it available at the tpouch of a button all in one place.

So...now I have a real problem. I want one of these! Yes, it's true I said I was going to hold on with 3D, and I have to get a big spending request past Alison (this set is still over $5k), so authorisation will be extremely tough! And, if I'm totally honest with myself...my viewing area is too small for the Samsung 65 Inch 3D LED TV, but I still want one!

This is not logical and I know it - far from it, but, in my defence, the Samsung UN65C8000 is so beautiful both on and off. With the tinge of color in the dark slate surround and the way it springs into life with such a stunning clarity, all logic is transcended!

Now Darling, how about a nice meal out tonight? Your choice...honestly anywhere you like? Some champagne....

No comments:

Post a Comment